15 Common Questions about Private Events in Society’s Scarlet Room
Choosing a venue for a private party or event? Any time you’re considering an event space, you have plenty of questions that need answering. We’ve got you covered.
Here are the answers to 15 of the most frequently asked questions about private events in the Scarlet Room:
1. “So, where is the Scarlet Room? And how is it affiliated with Society?”
The Scarlet Room is a smaller lounge within Society, its “sister” club. The two concepts share one roof, one entrance, and one owner, but offer two different experiences. The Scarlet Room is a more cozy and opulent space in which to hold private events or parties for up to 150 people (standing capacity).
Simply enter Society and take a right into the Scarlet Room.
2. “Are linens, tables and chairs included?”
All tables and chairs will be provided. If you would like to request tablecloths, we will provide this at no additional charge. 7 days’ notice is required for this request.
3. “Can I bring in outside alcohol?”
No. By law we are not permitted to allow beverages brought from outside onto our premises.
4. “Can I bring in outside decorations for my event?”
Absolutely! We politely request no confetti or glitter. Candles are permitted when enclosed in a hurricane holder.
5. “Can I have a DJ or live performer for my event?”
Of course! We have most audio equipment that performers require and we also have a list of DJs and performers that come highly recommended who are also familiar with our sound system.
If there is a performer that you would like to commission that is not on the list, a site visit between the performer and event venue manager is required prior to the event.
6. “Can you accommodate guests with dietary restrictions?”
Definitely. Society’s Scarlet Room can accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and other requests. Please inform the event coordinator of any dietary restrictions during the process of menu selection.
7. “Do you allow outside catering?”
No. The Scarlet Room does not permit outside catering. However, we do offer in-house catering services.
8. “Do you have signage or other aids to direct guests to my event?”
A host, as well as signage at the host stand, will be there to welcome your guests and provide direction to the event space.
9. “How can I receive a tour of the space?”
If you would like to schedule a tour of Society or the Scarlet Room, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. “How many people can your location accommodate?”
Society’s full capacity can hold 250 people. Our private party space, the Scarlet Room, has an 80 person seated capacity and a 150 person standing capacity in respect to happy hour or cocktailing events.
11. “Is the site wheelchair-accessible?”
Yes. There is a wheelchair-accessible ramp located outside the front of the building.
12. “What is the deposit amount required to book an event?”
To reserve your event at the Scarlet Room a $500 deposit is required. Final payment is due at the conclusion of the scheduled event.
13. “What’s the recommended dress code?”
We typically suggest dressy casual attire for dinner and late nights, but most guests opt for dressier attire.
14. “Where can my guests park?”
Parking in the Crossroads can sometimes be limited, especially on weekends. We encourage you to review our parking recommendations and pass that information along to your guests.
15. “Can we have slideshows, video presentations, or play music from a personal device?”
Yes. We have a full complement of media technology, including projectors, presentation screens, speakers, a microphone, personal electronic device hookups to house sound and more.
Just let us know what you’d like to accomplish, and we can help you navigate our equipment.